Thursday, February 5, 2009

Color Challenge #40

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night determined to create something?!? Yeah, me neither! But tonight (well, this morning, by now ;) I woke up to check school closings, and then decided I was hungry, so I toasted an English muffin and drank a diet Coke. While I was finishing my diet Coke, I sat down with the laptop to check the blogs I follow* and, lo and behold, Kristina Werner had posted a new color challenge!!! Usually I am not very good with challenges, but I am trying to break out of my comfort zone and challenge my creativity! So here I am, at 4 a.m. working on a card. As I've said before, rarely do ideas just pop into my head. I usually have to look at all my favorite blogs, Stampin' Up!, and Splitcoaststampers to find inspiration for a particular project. But for some reason, perhaps the haziness of my brain at 4 a.m., I immediately visualized what I thought might be a good layout for this challenge. I stamped the trees from Branch Out (my new favorite set) in Old Olive Craft ink and then embossed with Crystal Clear Embossing Powder. Then I brayered on So Saffron, More Mustard, and Taken with Teal beginning at the bottom of the card and layering as I went up. I stamped and embossed the sentiment on a scrap of brayered paper and layered it with a circle of Taken with Teal cardstock. I also added a few teal butterflies. I hope I will like this card as well at 10 a.m. as I have at 4:30 a.m. . . . and I hope you like it to! Back to bed for me! Have a great day!

*This little story makes me think I could write a children's book along the lines of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Maybe I should call mine If You Give a Mom a Laptop!!! Or perhaps a diet Coke!!

7 comments:

AMY FLEMING said...

I love this stamp set well done on this challenge!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Good job! Now, get some sleep.

Selene Kempton said...

Oh so wintery.. I really love the effect you achieved. Great job!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous job with this card...I want that set so badly!

Yaneri said...

Awesome! Love the tree stamps. Reminds me of autumn! Nice done!
This is my 1st CC for me!

Shawntel said...

The brayering looks lovely! I also like the butterflies, they are so sweet!

Hayley said...

lush card. tfs