Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas . . .

So, if you've got a little time to kill and 23 friends to help you ;) why not make this adorable Advent calendar!! It's made from a 24-cup mini muffin tin and 24 cute squares made by me and my fellow SU! demonstrators. We got together to assemble the entire project for our holiday party, so there was lots of good food and great conversation. Each square is 2 3/8" x 2 3/8" and has a magnet cut to the same size on the back to hold it on the tin. Each of the little cups can be filled with candy or other prizes for your sweet little ones to uncover each day of December till Christmas. It is the neatest idea, but I'm so glad I didn't have to design and make 24 different squares for the project or my brain would have exploded!! My square was a little Santa tag that I found on-line and I love it!! I think the silver Hodgepodge Hardware buckle is the best part! Very simple and fun! I hope to post more Christmas projects as I get into the spirit so check back often. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Hi Angela! Not sure if you remember me or not. I'm in Andi's group ~ the one that got moved to GA 2 1/2 yrs ago. Anyway, I wish I could have come up there to do this with you guys but I was out of town that weekend. But I bought the stuff to make one anyway. Such a neat idea! Can't wait to try it. I love how yours turned out!!

Michelle (Whitlow)