Friday, June 14, 2013

colourQ challenge #193

This week's colourQ challenge is another GORGEOUS combination!! It must seem like I love ALL colors, but there are really only a few that excite me every time I see them and two of them are making an appearance today: turquoise and red!! My obsession with turquoise and red together came several years ago when SU! put Real Red and Cool Caribbean together - I have been hooked ever since!! I did not intend for this card to look like this originally, but I really love the way it turned out! I received some nice feedback when I put those little stars on a previous project, so I used them again. They are an easy and cute filler since I CANNOT STAND white space! I knew I wanted to make a little banner, but I don't have that particular SU! punch and I knew I could never cut four identical triangles, so I used my Nestabilities Labels 4. A little twine and a birthday sentiment from my favorite PTI stamp set and there you have it! Thanks for stopping by and have a great Fathers' Day weekend!!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Cute, cute card, Angela, love that banner! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Tooooo cute! What a fun card Angela! Thank you for trying the CQC colors...hugs ~S~

savvy teaching tips said...

I love this card. So cute - thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.