Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chevrons and flowers and pearls, oh my!!

I make a lot of cards, but rarely do I absolutely LOVE them. I may love the card that inspired them or the technique or the idea or the designer but I rarely love my own execution. So, for me to stand up (figuratively!) and say (type), "I LOVE THIS CARD!" is significant! And I DO love this card and it is so simple that anyone from a beginning papercrafter to a seasoned (that's me!) one can make this general idea their own. I used the larger of the two dies from PTI's chevron stripes border die set and cut three pieces of coordinating designer paper. I stamped my sentiment in black and highlighted it with a few self-adhesive pearls. Then I cut six scalloped circles, crumpled them up, spritzed them with a bit of water, and continued crumpling them until they were quite distressed. I used three circles for each flower and attached them with tiny brads. THE GREAT THING about this technique is that once the cardstock dries, it is stiff and the flowers maintain their shape beautifully. Have a great weekend!!

No comments: