Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stamp-A-Ma-Jigs ROCK!!

Well, my once irrational loathing of the infamous Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (SAMJ) has turned into a love to end all others! It never made sense to me to try to systematically and methodically line up the images in a 2-Step Stampin' set - I just always eyeballed it and got close enough to look good, if whimsical at times. But since I got the Flight of the Butterfly set, I have faithfully used my SAMJ to perfectly place the details on the butterflies' wings and it is AMAZING!! Such a simple trick that makes a HUGE difference in the finished project! I found this card on SCS (crazy, huh?!?) and fell in love with it so I made it for a friend who is having surgery next week. It turned out PERFECTLY! There is a bit of a learning curve with the SAMJ, but I'm well past that now ;) And I take back every single snide remark about that precious piece of purple plastic. It ROCKS!!

No comments: