Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandmama!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, blog friends! I have been feverishly working to update Bailey's scrapbook so I'll be ready to start Morgan's when she arrives this week! I have gotten so much done but, unfortunately, my 12x12 layouts are very hard to photograph and post here. Today, I made this card for Chris's grandmother who is turning 90 soon. The family is celebrating with a party tomorrow, but we won't get to go since it's 3.5 hours away and I can't travel that far. I really hope she likes her card, though! I love the way it turned out! I was inspired by none other than my favorite blog, Me, My Stamps and I. Do you ever feel like your traditional half-sheet cards don't really convey your feelings or the importance of an occasion? I do, so for Grandmama's special day, I decided to use a full 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock as my base. I also used my scallop circle Nestabilities which helped me keep the entire card proportioned. Nothing looks worse on a big card than a tiny focal point!! Can you believe the flowers came from SU!'s "Heartfelt Thanks?" I have had that set for years and it is one I turn to again and again. I'm so glad I've kept it all this time. Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend!!

No comments: