Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Branching Out . . . Once Again!

I often see cards and projects that seem simply too complicated or difficult for me to make. This may seem ridiculous because what could possibly be hard about paper, stamps, & ink? So many things!! I have recently developed a new fascination with sponging - I love the softness it creates and the warmth of having a hint of color versus a stark white background. So, as I was looking through the numerous projects I've saved to my hard drive, I was drawn to a card very similar to this one and decided to take the plunge. It was so much easier than I thought it would be and turned out beautifully. Branch Out is an amazing stamp set, and randomly stamping all those beautiful colors on a humble brown tree trunk is almost therapeutic! The hill and the grass are done with markers in a very free form way, and the red boots add a bit of whimsy that's unexpected on a sympathy card. I'm so sorry to have had to make this card for a friend who recently lost her father, but I hope the colors and the idea of a tree representing life will comfort her during this difficult time. I might just be on a roll here so come back soon to see what I'm up to!!

No comments: