Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Diet Busters!

A friend of a friend recently posted a chocolate chip cookie recipe on FB and, since I have a terrible time making cookies successfully (except cake mix cookies), I decided to print it out and give it a try one day. Well, "one day" turned into last night!! The recipe calls for 3 sticks of butter - my heart goes pitter patter (probably because I'm going into cardiac arrest!). It also calls for 3 different kinds of chips - milk, semi-sweet, and white chocolate. YUM! Since I didn't want that many ingredients to be ruined by my ineptitude, I researched on-line whether cookies should be baked on Silpat, which is a silicone baking mat that prevents foods from sticking. I am so glad I did my homework, because everything I read recommended baking on parchment paper, NOT Silpat. So I gave it a try, and the cookies came out beautifully!! Parchment paper is the key to cookies that don't spread out all over the pan (that ALWAYS happens to me!) and are a cinch to remove from the baking sheet. And let me tell you, these cookies are magically delicious!! This is definitely a recipe I will make again. Bailey took some to her teachers today and I hope they like them as much as we do. Chris even ate some and he's not typically a sweets eater - I know, right?!?!

Here's the recipe, 'cause I know you want it!

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup Nestle toll house milk chocolate morsels
1 cup Nestle toll house semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup nestle toll house premier white morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in larger mixer bowl until creamy. beat in eggs and vanilla. gradually beat in flour mixture. stir in morsels and nuts. drop by level 1/4 cup measure 2 inches apart onto parchment paper.
3. bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until VERY light brown around the edges. don't over cook. they will harden some as the cool. cool on baking sheets for two minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

ENJOY!!

No comments: