Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Snot Pops!

I'm sure you've been wondering what I've been up to during my blogging hiatus. Well, here it is . . . COOKING! And enjoying lots of fall festivities! Since I discovered Pinterest, I have accumulated an abundance of recipes, and even a few Halloween recipes! Tonight, I made some Oreo pops for a party we're going to tomorrow night. They always look like crap, but they are delicious, and since it's Halloween, I'm hoping the party-goers will overlook their less-than-perfect appearance. They look sort of like snot, so the kids are guaranteed to LOVE them!
First, pulverize a package of Double Stuft Oreos in a food processor. Mix the Oreo crumbs with an 8-oz. package of softened cream cheese. Form into small balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Insert small sticks into the balls and put in the freezer to harden.
Melt two bags of Wilton candy melts in your choice of colors in a glass bowl over barely simmering water, stirring till completely melted. That bowl is going to be H.O.T. so be careful!
Silky smooth!
Carefully dip your frozen Oreo balls in melted chocolate, twirling to coat the entire thing, which won't happen, so when you're finished dipping, use a small spoon to fill in the part that's not coated. ENJOY!!

The pops I saw on Pinterest were perfectly coated in orange and white with little Jack-O-Lantern and ghost faces painted on them in dark chocolate. This is completely misleading. There is absolutely no way to successfully do this, so lower your standards significantly, and make my original Halloween Snot Pops!

No comments: