Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Inspired by Pine

I'm back to blog-stalking after a brief hiatus and there are so many amazing projects out there that I can't wait to make!! Since this is my birthday week, I have slacked on my household responsibilities and had a little more crafting time. I found this card by Heather Nichols, who is a Papertrey Ink design team member and while I didn't have the tools she used, I was able to duplicate many of the touches that make her card special using some of my assortment of supplies! My designer paper is by PTI and I love the combo of Hawaiian Shores and Pure Poppy. I've mentioned before my love of medallions and I made this one using a 2" scalloped circle punch, 1 3/8" and 1" circle punches, and SU!'s Designer Label punch. I used my Diamond Lace Edger Punch by EK Success to fashion the scalloped edge along the designer paper. A few buttons and a piece of coordinating ribbon and VOILA! A lovely card!! You could also omit the buttons and center the medallion for a beautiful, easy-to-mail card. Thanks for the inspiration, Pine!!

No comments: