Saturday, January 23, 2016

colourQ challenge #325

So, this past week has been a little insane! My dad went into the hospital on Monday to have a tumor removed from his bladder. He did very well post-surgery and was released in the afternoon. By 7 p.m., we were in the ER because of excessive bleeding. If you've ever been to the ER, you know that nothing happens especially quickly so hours and hours later, he was admitted and spent the next three days with a blood clot that the doctor eventually had to remove surgically. My sweet daddy is almost 80 years old so any kind of surgery is scary. My sweet mama stayed with him the entire time and thanks to my sweet hubby and a snow storm that closed schools all week, I was able to be at the hospital quite a bit, too. My role in these situations is comic relief and we had lots and lots of good laughs! He's home now and we are so thankful. I told you all that to explain that I haven't had much crafting time this past week. Now everyone is home and things are getting back to normal so I am back in my craft room. I had none of this week's colourQ challenge colors so I subbed SU! Rose Red, Regal Rose, & Daffodil Delight and PTI Classic Kraft inks. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet! Love your stamped hearts in a jar!!! Thank you for joining us at ColourQ!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet card, love the jar full of hearts! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!