Sunday, January 31, 2016

colourQ challenge #326 (part 2)


So, I literally cannot create a project any more without a colourQ color palette! I just received SU!'s new Sale-a-Bration stamp set called Botanicals for You and I must say, I am disappointed. I have never really liked SU!'s take on "clear" stamps, especially since the ones that are still mounted on rubber don't adhere well to acrylic blocks and are not trimmed very closely to the image. I threw caution to the wind and trimmed the excess rubber from all of the stamps except the large sentiment and they worked better. Then, the worst possible thing happened!! I. RAN. OUT. OF. ADHESIVE!! So, I used a glue stick (!!!) to put this card together, which is really awful even if it is a SU! glue stick. Hope you're having a great weekend! I'll be back when I get some more adhesive!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Glad to hear how much you like our Color schemes. I feel the same way! Your card is a wonderful take on our colors. I like the combination of bold sentiment and smaller flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ.

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, despite your troubles with the stamps and running out of adhesive this is a gorgeous card! I love how the sentiment takes center stage and is complimented so nicely by those pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us at colourQ and thanks for loving our color combos so much!!

Betty Wright said...

Love that bold sentiment and the adorable flowers! Beautifully done!

Michelle said...

Love the way the bold sentiment takes center stage,Angela! Sweet florals too! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!