Tuesday, November 15, 2016

PTI Create Along with Us: November 2016

As luck would have it, I received my most recent PTI order yesterday so that I could participate in their November Create Along with Us challenge today! My stamping friend, Annie B. has created some beautiful cards with PTI's Paper Clippings: Birthday set, so I bought it in hopes of creating some pretties myself. My inspiration card from this month's release is this beauty from Kay Miller. I love the colors so much! I used three shades of pink (SU! Melon Mambo, PTI Hibiscus Burst & Sweet Blush) and three shades of yellow (SU! Daffodil Delight, PTI Harvest Gold & Summer Sunrise) to give the card some interest. I just love how the "Happy" cuts and stamps. The "Birthday" banner gave me some trouble since I had to stamp it multiple times. Even with the MISTI, it's still a tiny bit blurry. I was also inspired by a card by Betsy Veldman who always makes the most beautiful cards! She used the string image stamp in soft stone on her card but I don't have that color nor did I think I could stamp it well, so I used my Wink of Stella Silver 102 marker to add a little string detail. I love the random stars because they give the card an even more playful and happy feel. Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

3 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Angela, your colors are so bright and cheerful, just like Kay's! Beautiful card!

victoria h said...

wonderful, happy card- love the colours

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card , wonderful colors and awesome take of Kay’s card!