Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Little Punchy!

Prepare to have your mind blown, then put back together and BLOWN again!! I've been on children's birthday cards for my friend, Karen, so I'm been checking out my favorite blogs for ideas. I have loved the projects I've seen on Amanda Coughlin's blog using punches, and when I checked out her blog today, I found this adorably precious project and immediately went about figuring out how she did it! I was surprised by how simple it was to create. The clown's hair is my FAVORITE part and the tiny googly eyes add lots of personality! Keep reading for info on the punches I used and give it a try yourself! Thanks for stopping by!
IMPORTANT! Be sure to attach the head/hat first to a 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 piece of white CS; then attach the arms/hands; and then the pants/shoes. If you don't do it in this order, you'll have seams that show. Carry on!!
Head - 1 1/4" circle
Arms - Word Window
Hair - Boho Blossoms
Pants - Full Heart punch cut in half
Shoes - 5-Petal Flower
Hands - Trio Flower
Bow tie - Heart to Heart punch and regular hole punch
Hat - 1 3/8" square trimmed to a triangle
Nose and pom pom on hat - regular hole punch

No comments: