Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Easter Treats

Since Bailey was little, I've made an Easter bunny cake every year. They are easy to make, but some have turned out better than others. The one I made when Bailey was about 2.5 was especially problematic. For some reason, the color of the jelly beans I used to decorate the cake "bled" into the white frosting, so the bunny's mouth looked like it was literally bleeding. Thus, the Easter of the Bleeding Bunny Cake! Last year, we made a cake to take to our local Ronald McDonald House, and when we got there, it literally fell apart! I was so embarassed! We tried to put it back together, but it still looked pretty motley. Anyway, this year I decided an easier treat might work better, so I made a batch of Rice Krispie treats and cut them out with a bunny-shaped cookie cutter that Bailey can now decorate. I sure hope our friends at RMDH like them!

No comments: