Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Papertrey Ink Stamp-A-Faire 2011 (part 1)





I had such a fantastic time in Cincinnati over the weekend!! I went with several of my stamping friends to Papertrey Ink's First Annual Stamp-A-Faire. We spent all of Saturday stamping, laughing, meeting all of our Papertrey heroes, and generally having a wonderful time. We ate at some of Cincy's most notable restaurants, including Skyline, Montgomery Inn-Boat House, and Graeter's, and stayed at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel, who was absolutely gorgeous! Our room was gigantic with a tiny bathroom, but that was fine with me - the bed was very comfortable and I slept better than I have ever slept in a hotel bed! After a yummy dinner of Cincinnati chili over spaghetti topped with a mountain of shredded cheddar cheese, we had ice cream at Graeter's. Now, I have never been to a Graeter's, but the Food Network named it one of the top 5 ice cream shops in the country so I couldn't pass up a chance to sample their deliciousness! I tried Buckeye Blitz (chocolate ice cream with a peanut butter swirl) that night and Mocha Chip on our way home (after a second trip to Skyline!). So good! We had ribs at the Montgomery Inn-Boat House that were to-die-for! I'm not typically a ribs person, but they are known for their ribs so, once again, I had to try them, and they were amazing! Tender and juicy and messy - I even wore a bib! Embarrassingly necessary! Since this food post is running so long, I will wait and post our stamped projects later this week. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: