Friday, April 5, 2013

April City Chick submissions

 
 
As if by another miracle, I have completed my three monthly projects for Scrappin' in the City ALREADY!! I am so proud and so excited to have found this gorgeous collection of paper called Family Ties by Pebbles. I love yellow, blue, and white together, and this line does not disappoint! It features a variety of stripes, dots, checks (my fave!!), and florals that coordinate beautifully. This was my first experience making a fan fold flower and with the exception of an extended dry-time, it was easy to make. Each sheet of paper has a tiny border at the bottom that shows the pattern that's on the reverse side of the paper, so I used that as an accent for my flower. And this card is called a Double Z-fold Card that I found on Splitcoaststampers. It is super simple, but an attractive alternative to a traditional A2 size card.

I also made a Double Pocket Card that is another departure from the traditional A2 card that really has a WOW factor! I put a tag in the back pocket and you can put a gift card in the front pocket for a simply BEAUTIFUL gift that's easy to mail.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!! Scrappin' in the City will be open on Sundays starting this week, so stop by and check out all the beautiful patterned papers they have!!