Saturday, April 2, 2016

colourQ challenge #335

I tried several watercolor techniques and, believe me, trial and error is not my style, but I was determined! After my watercolor butterflies were a bust, I decided to embossed a piece of watercolor paper and see what I could do with that. I applied this week's colourQ challenge colors directly to the embossed paper and then spritzed it with water. I used my heat gun to set the colors before reapplying. I decided to keep the rest of the card very simple, so I embossed a sentiment from Neat & Tangled's new set, Scandinavian Prints. If you're not using your large heart punch to give your paper a banner end, start doing it immediately! It always cuts evenly which is nearly impossible to do freehanded. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Angela what a gorgeous background! Thank you for sharing it at the colourQ!

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful sentiment and pretty background!