Friday, June 6, 2008

Liza Moz is my new favorite place!

If you need something different to do with your kids this summer that's super cool and fun, check out Liza Moz at either mall in Knoxville. It's one of those neat places where you paint your own pottery pieces. That's always seemed intimidating to me because, while I can create just about anything from paper, I have always been afraid of paint! I know, it's an irrational fear! But when Bailey & I went to Liza Moz one rainy day, I immediately fell in love with the whole process, from choosing a piece to paint, then the colors, and then how to put it all together. Luckily, I found a beautiful coffee mug that someone else had made that I used as my inspiration. Never be afraid to get your ideas from other people's ideas!! Put your own personal spin on a project to make it your own! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how my mug turned out!! The best part is that the design around the top of the coffee mug was made using a stamp!! "These are a few of my favorite things . . ."

No comments: