Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sweets for Your Sweetie!!

For some reason, teacher gifts always baffle me even though I have enough paper, stamps, and embellishments to make nearly anything related to paper!! I have seen a few CUTE ideas on-line, but was completely sold on this idea that my friend, Christa, made for our Circle bake sale last Sunday!! Her delectable cakes are made from scratch, but I had to go with what I know, so I made mini Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt cakes! If you don't own the Cake Mix Doctor cookbook, you must buy it because it contains some of the best cakes I've ever tasted, and they are super-simple, so they're recipes you'll turn to again and again!! Anyway, Christa packaged her little cakes in these adorable boxes that she found at the $1 store so, of course, I had to get some, too! I cannot wait for Bailey to give these to her teachers and staff on Friday! I sure hope they find them as "sweet" as I do!!

CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY CAKE

Combine a box of Devil's Food cake mix, 1 can of cherry pie filling, 1 tsp. almond extract, and 2 eggs first on low speed for 1 minute and then on medium speed for 2 minutes - batter will be thick - pour into greased mini Bundt pans, filling about half-full, and bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes - allow to cool in the pan - frost with prepared chocolate frosting that has been heated to a pouring consistency in the microwave (the original recipe calls for the cake to be baked in a 9x13 pan for 30-35 minutes and has an additional recipe for the chocolate frosting - you can also bake in a full-size Bundt pan for 45 minutes).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look sooooo yummy and cute!Cele

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oooh, I can make a box like that with one of my templates! Thanks for the inspiration and the cakes look delicious!