Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MONDAY TIP OF THE DAY (a little late)

Sorry for the delay in my Monday posting. My mom had surgery on Monday and, while I had my laptop at the hospital, my brain was nowhere to be found! Must've slipped out when I went to get coffee . . . the second time . . . or was it the third?!
So today's tip is stamping on ribbon!! I have been using this technique a lot lately and it is so easy that I want to share it with you. You can use any stamp you like, but I have enjoyed using the vine from Fresh Cuts because it fits perfectly on wide grosgrain ribbon. In addition to your stamp, you will need Craft Ink, grosgrain ribbon, a heat tool or iron, and a little patience! The process is simple: lay your ribbon out flat on a scrap piece of paper; carefully ink up your stamp with the craft ink and stamp the ribbon! It can be a little intimidating at first, but once you stamp your first image, you will feel empowered to continue!! So stamp your images along the ribbon (I like to stamp mine close together so they appear to be one vine), and then very carefully heat the ribbon with your heat tool - VERY CAREFULLY, as it can easily scorch. And that's it! Custom-designed stamped ribbon! And take it from me - it look GREAT!! This is my favorite card that I have used it on. The piece is small, but formidable. HAPPY STAMPING!















No comments: