Sunday, June 5, 2011

Upsy Daisy

This card caught my eye as soon as I pulled up the SCS gallery for Upsy Daisy! Isn't it GREAT?!?! I've put Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Real Red together before, but Bravo Burgundy seemed a bit of a stretch, but it works! I carefully adhered the 1" x 3.25" cardstock strips side by side to a piece of scratch paper and stamped the flower image. Then, I even more carefully removed the strips and attached them to white cardstock leave a slight space between them. This is a simple but striking format that's very versatile. I can't wait to switch up for another occasion.

I made this card to send to Bailey's guitar teacher who is having cancer treatments in Houston for the next three months. Bailey signed it so sweetly that I cried a little. I told her that I could make him a card with beautiful embellishments, colorful cardstock, and all the bells & whistles I could think of but it wouldn't mean nearly as much as the message she wrote to him. I am so proud of my most wonderful daughter!! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: