Sunday, June 26, 2011

Vintage SU!

Yea!! Another card!! I have been OBSESSING over some of my favorite "vintage" stamps from SU!, many of which I thought I still had but must have sold in a frenzy to move out the retired and buy the new! Since some of these sets are crazy expensive on ebay, I decided to head to my local scrapbook store for their yard sale this weekend. I had seriously high hopes that I would find some of the sets I'm currently coveting, but sadly, I only found one, Paint Prints. I wore this set out back in 2006 when it was released as a Sell-A-Bration set, I believe. And for $3, I could hardly go wrong buying it! This is one of the cards I found on SCS using this beloved set so today I CASEd it and I love the way mine turned out!! I didn't have Cool Caribbean (another misstep from way back!) so I used PTI's Hawaiian Shores which is quite a bit darker than CC but beautiful. The measurements for the finished card base are 8 1/4 x 3 5/8 (I know you want to know because I did, too!). Right now, I am stalking Bud Basics on ebay and hopefully, in about 45 minutes, it too will be mine!! Check back later this week to see!!

No comments: