Friday, July 26, 2013

colourQ challenge #199

When I first saw the colors of this week's colourQ challenge, I had no idea what direction I would go in creating a card. I don't even OWN a Dusty Durango ink pad, but I do have all the rest, so I simply used a strip of DD cardstock as an accent. I lucked out and found Groovy Guava Swiss dot DSP for my coffee cup (stamped and die cut from Papertrey Ink's Heart-2-Heart #1) to which I added a Kiwi Kiss "cozie." A little Kraft cardstock and ink, two hand-cut banners, and a button with hemp twine, and VOILA! A super cute card that I'm pretty sure I will send to a friend, along with a Starbucks gift card. That's something I would LOVE to receive!! Thanks for stopping by! (And if you're interested in sending me a Starbucks gift card, just let me know!! LOL!!)

4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Nothing like a cup of Starbucks done in these cool colors as a great perk up! Well done! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Yapha said...

Super cute card! I love that adorable coffee cup! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining is at ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Angela, love your coffee card! So happy you played with us at the colourQ.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Angela - I super love this card! What a fun little layout, I couldn't resist CASEing it... thanks so much for the inspiration! http://snappystamper.blogspot.com/2013/08/hello-taws-freebie-case-file-3.html