Wednesday, July 31, 2013

colourQ challenge #200

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the inspiration pic for this week's colourQ challenge #200! And after consulting Pinterest, I found the inspiration for my own card, one that I thought would be fairly simple to create. Famous. Last. Thought! I literally screamed!!! I loved the idea of a multicolored die cut, so I adhered skinny strips of cardstock to a piece of copy paper and used Papertrey Ink's Wonderful Words: Birthday Mini die to cut out the word. First, I had to run it through my Cuttlebug a few times to completely cut through the paper, and then it literally took forever to extract all of the itty, bitty extra pieces of paper that were hanging on to the diecut word. I nearly threw the whole thing into the trash, but I'm glad I didn't because I really like the finished card, which would be great for a man. Even the stamping gave me trouble - I'm running a bit low on patience these days! I had to sub a couple of colors - I used Bayou Blue and Not Quite Navy instead of the suggested blues, but they're pretty close. Thanks for stopping by and have a great hump day.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Angela, what a great way to use the colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

LeAnne said...

Oh, I have days like that when nothing seems to stamp right, but I am glad you persevered! This is quite awesome! Thanks for using the CQC colors this week and sharing this with us!