Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Silver Magic!

Isn't this the COOLEST?!?! This project is in this month's "Stampin' Success," and it is surprisingly simple . . . until you get to the microbeads! But I'll save that for later! I have always loved our Hodgepodge Hardware and the Styled Silver is the prettiest. I made this necklace/card for my sister-in-law's birthday and, since she's a scrapbooker like me, I knew she'd like this charm I found at Hobby Lobby. I used the Fresh Cuts stamp set and Bella Rose DSP. Once I assembled the necklace, I covered my focal point with Crystal Effects (per the instructions) and poured on some clear microbeads. A word of warning: use the CE sparingly!!! I used too much and had glue and beads going everywhere!! I was able to press some of the beads into the glue and remove the extras, but it was touch-and-go there for a minute! I couldn't bear the thought of ruining my masterpiece at the final stage! I hope my sister-in-law likes it!!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

THis is really gorgeous.