Monday, January 12, 2009

Patchwork Valentine

My sweet friend, Cele, always finds the most amazing stamping and scrapbooking supplies and projects, and she often shares them with me. I was *SO EXCITED* when she gave me a Valentine Kit from TayloredExpressions that includes cardstock, beautiful patterned paper, coordinating ribbon, brads, and glitter. I couldn't pick just one patterned paper to use on my thank you card/Valentine for Cele, so I used them all to create this patchwork Top Note, which is one of my most favorite new ideas. After cutting out the Top Note, I embossed it with the Swirls folder. I also embossed the second layer with the Swiss Dot folder because I love the look of all that texture! I found some GREAT Valentine stamps at Michael's for $1 each, so I grabbed a handful and used one to make the medallion on this card. A little glitter and Ba Da Bing - a beautiful Valentine, if I do say so myself! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: