Friday, January 30, 2009

A Tree for All Seasons Redux

With the exception of the set, Dreams du Jour, I usually do not go hog-wild when I get a new stamp set, no matter how much I love it. But once I started stamping with Branch Out, I was amazed by the versatility of this little set! The last thing I expected to be doing last night was making a Halloween card, but that's exactly what came to me while I was stamping! I stamped the tree in Basic Black Craft ink and embossed it with black embossing powder. I masked the moon before I brayered on Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Lovely Lilac ink, and then colored it with an Aquapainter and More Mustard ink. I also used Martha Stewart's Halloween fence punch and K & Company Halloween paper.

I can already see that I will make lots of Autumn cards with this set because I love the cooler weather and the leaves changing colors. My favorite color family is Earth Elements - all of the colors work so well together, especially Old Olive, Ruby Red, More Mustard, and Really Rust. I sponged Old Olive for the grass and Baja Breeze for the sky, and this is my new favorite technique.

My spring card features a pink dogwood that are so beautiful where I live in Tennessee. I love the Jumbo Brad used as a tire swing and hemp twine for the rope. It's not my original idea and I can't remember where I saw it, but I think it's AWESOME!!! Such a simple but very impressive embellishment. I'm going to make more cards using this set, so check back often, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

These cards are great. You did go hog wild!