Saturday, February 25, 2017

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge

Today is shaping up to be a pretty fantastic day!! My sweet family is out of town and I have THE ENTIRE DAY to do as I please! I started off with a croissant and coffee from my favorite local bakery, Wild Love Bakehouse, and then straightened and cleaned up my craft space (and watched a few guilty pleasure movies, too!). I love a clean workspace but it never lasts once I actually start working!! Today is Papertrey Ink's monthly blog hop and since I've been participating in everything they have going on lately, I knew I had to do this one, too. I was going to try a new technique on black cardstock, but I have just rediscovered Graceful Greetings (and learned there's a second Graceful Greetings stamp set that I am currently on the waiting list for), and was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest by Betsy Veldman that used darker, richer colors. The colors I used are PTI Autumn Rose & Orange Zest, and SU! Daffodil Delight (my favorite yellow). I love the interest the black leaves add to the card. Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy this beautiful weekend!!

11 comments:

lipchaklinda @ gmail.com said...

Angela: I like the lightness and crispness of your card.
Lynn

Diana K said...

Very pretty!

victoria h said...

beautiful card

Skrater said...

This is a beautiful card, thank you for sharing!

Traci M said...

Your day sounds like my perfect kind of day also...!! This is such a pretty color using one of my favorite but not often used PTI sets! The black leaves do make the focal pop; I agree!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Really pretty Angela...thank you for sharing with us.

paperkicks said...

Love how you used Garden Grace for this challenge!! Love your card and design!!

Natasha said...

Such a striking card! Beautifully done!

Marybeth said...

Sounds like a yummy start to your day! Gorgeous card!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

Jacquie Southas said...

It sounds like you had a perfect day! Your card is just beautiful!