Friday, February 13, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S EVE!

My dear, sweet friend, Cele, made me the most beautiful note pad holder for my birthday and it was the perfect project for a last-minute teacher gift! I love Valentine's Day and have had all these ideas floating around in my brain for weeks, and yet, I was furiously crafting this morning to finish a few gifts and cards. The note pad holder is surprisingly easy to make but very impressive. You can click here for the video tutorial of the bottom of the box - it's very easy to follow. For the top decoration, I used my favorite scallop circle Nestabilities and layered 4 pieces together. I love, love, love the Bella Rose paper and it makes beautiful projects!! I also used strips of its to make a belly band for a little box of chocolate-dipped strawberries. The hearts were made using Stampin' Up!'s new heart punch and it is fabulous, just like all of SU!'s punches :) This is one of the simplest gifts I've ever made, but also one of the loveliest. Bailey's teacher was thrilled! Have a wonderful Valentine's weekend and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: