Friday, February 20, 2009

A Wee Little Project for Ya!

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a St. Patrick's Day person. It's my daddy's birthday, so that makes it a special day, and it's the day before our wedding anniversary, but I think I've only made one St. Patrick's Day card in my life and it wasn't very impressive. For some reason, though, once Valentine's Day was over, I became obsessed with the next holiday - St. Patrick's Day. I've been making shamrocks using SU!'s new heart punches (I'll post those later!) and they are super cute and easy! But this leprechaun's hat by Crafty Caro that I found on SCS was WAY too cute to ignore!! It took 2 tries but I really like the result! Caro used an empty packing tape roll, but I used one of the little favor tins I bought at A.C. Moore forever ago and never used. I didn't use the lid, so I'll have to come up with something clever to do with it! The tin is actually too short to be a good hat, so I extended the cardstock above it and it worked nicely. The Gable Green CS is 2 inches wide and the black CS band is 3/4 of an inch wide. Instead of threading the band through the buckle (which didn't work the first time!), I cut a 3/4-inch square and glued it to the buckle - MUCH neater and easier!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love your wee project! Derrick's step mother's birthday is on St. Patty's day. I saw something, a t-shirt maybe,that said, "If you're kissing, I'm Irish!" Too cute.