Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Inspired by Jodi

Jodi Collins' "Stamping a Latte" blog is one of my very favorites! Her cards are so bright and colorful and creative! I fell in love with this card the other day and couldn't wait to create something similar. Green Tea is one of my all-time favorite SU! Designer Series Papers and I was so very sad when it retired, but luckily I still have some and use it often. In fact, that's the one I used for today's creation. I love the Martha Stewart butterfly punch my dear, sweet friend, Cele, gave me, and I used it on this card. So much easier than trying to cut out butterflies! I just noticed I forgot to paper pierce the card, so I may go back and do that. I love the look of paper piercing, especially when I pierce a triangle in the corners of a card. Thanks for stopping by today! By the way, I'm almost at 10,000 hits on my blog!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I'm trying to come up with something special in honor of this milestone, so if you have any great ideas, please let me know!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love your card!! I just bought that butterfly punch last week. I gave away a bunch of the cards I made and posted on my blog for my 10,000 hit milestone. If you have a bunch of old SU dsp, you could cut it into 6x6 pieces or whatever size and give it away. I'm thinking of doing this to get rid of some dsp that is still great but I'm not using these days--it'll be new to someone and get rid of my guilt of having it sit there unused. lol!